Tuesday, December 27, 2011

January meal plan

As you might have noticed, I haven't had much time for this blog lately. Having a 3rd baby has kept me really busy, because she doesn't always nap when the other two do. And trying to get dinner on the table has been a little crazy! All the more reason to meal plan, though, and I am really hoping to be more organized this coming year. I'm going to plan out my breakfasts again because when I don't, I don't plan ahead and we end up having scrambled eggs and bacon every day. (Which we love, but only not every day!) I'm planning to consistently use nap time to get dinner made to avoid the 4:30 meltdowns. I'm not going to even try to do reviews on all the recipes I test because I just don't have the time -- you will only hear from me if the recipe is amazing and joining our monthly rotation.


(As usual, I just plan 5 meals for the week because we always have enough leftovers for the other two days)

Week 1 breakfasts:
Quinoa and raisin pancakes
Egg tortilla with chicken apple sausage


Week 1 Dinners:

Week 2 Breakfasts:
Mexican Layer Casserole (with black beans added)

Week 2 Dinners:


Week 3 Breakfasts:
Scrambled eggs and bacon

Week 3 Dinners:

Week 4 Breakfasts:


Week 4 Dinners:


2 comments:

frank and kristin said...

I'm definitely going to be trying out several of these this month! Thank you for finding such good ones. I wanted to pass along a link to a really yummy recipe your family may like. My family really likes it. I thought you may too from some of the other things you have posted. Here's the link:
http://bakedbree.com/kellys-overnight-chicken

Kristin

frank and kristin said...

I'm definitely going to be trying out several of these this month! Thank you for finding such good ones. I wanted to pass along a link to a really yummy recipe your family may like. My family really likes it. I thought you may too from some of the other things you have posted. Here's the link:
http://bakedbree.com/kellys-overnight-chicken

Kristin