Friday, January 7, 2011

Time-Saving Spice Mixes I Keep on Hand

I recently made up big jars of the following mixes, and I cannot tell you how handy they have been! Need some seasoning on my oven fried potatoes? Just sprinkle on some Italian seasoning mix. Need a quick dinner when the pantry looks bare? Make a basic cream sauce with milk, butter, flour and my ranch seasoning mix and toss in some chicken, pasta, and broccoli! Want to spice up a sweet potato? Sprinkle on some pumpkin pie spice! Needless to say, I have really enjoyed having these spice mixes at the tip of my fingers. (And if you are wondering why I don't just buy them at the store, it is because almost all pre-made mixes are loaded with msg and bad salt! Plus, it is cheaper to make my own mixes!)


So here are the ones I plan to always keep on hand:

And I just found THIS awesome website that has 178 different spice mix recipes, so I can't wait to try them out and add to my list!

0 comments: