Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dinner Options

When I am making my monthly meal plan, I keep this list of our favorite meals in front of me. I usually try to pick one beef, one chicken, one soup, and one pasta recipe a week, as well as a meal from our freezer and a penny-pinching (inexpensive :) meal. Since we pay more for grass fed beef and organic chickens from the farmer's market, I'm also trying to incorporate more vegetarian meals into our plan to save money. However, my husband generally doesn't like them as much so I don't do it every week. I also try to double and freeze at least one meal a week.

Meg's Dinner Options


Our top 6 favorites (can you tell we like Mexican?):
Sweet n Sour Chicken Tacos or over quinoa or rice

Baked Spaghetti
Baked Turkey and Gravy
Baked Ziti
Barbeque Chicken (on rice/Sand/or w/ bacon and cheese)
BarBQ beef cups
Chicken, grilled, with lime and cilantro
Chicken Parmesan
Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie
Chicken Salad
Chicken Mexican Crockpot Dinner
Chicken Taquitos
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Divane
Chicken-Apple-Cheese Bake
Chili -- over spaghetti, chips, or potatoes
Corn and Cheese Chowder with grilled ham and cheese sand.
Cranberry Chicken
Creamy Chicken Spinach Pasta
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
Crockpot Roast with veggies
Enchiladas
Grilled Chicken Salad with strawberries/grapes/almonds/whatever in fridge :)
Shepherd's Pie
Sloppy Joes
Stirfry w/ onions, peppers, and other veggies-- chicken or beef
Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Smothered Cheesy Roasted Club Sandwich
Stromboli (just using my pizza dough)
Steak Fajitas
Stuffed Mexican Peppers
Sweet Chicken Tacos or over quinoa or rice
Sweet N Sour Chicken
Taco Bake
Amazing Taco Salad
Taco Soup

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this list - I will definitely be putting it on my Favorites tab.
I also use a monthly meal plan at our house. I have each day of the week be the same idea (but different recipe). Sunday-crockpot, Monday-Easy Stovetop, Tuesday-ground beef, Wednesday-freezer meal, Thursday-chicken, Friday-pizza, Saturday-fish or fancier cut of beef.
This definitely helps me know what to keep on hand. We bought a half a cow this year, so I have all of my beef needs taken care of. And then I just watch for b/s chicken breasts to go on sale for $1.99/lb. and I stock up for the next month.

Unknown said...

As for the Enchilada recipe, I have been doing something new! I use Hollie's Crockpot Italian Chicken Recipe for a Sunday Crockpot meal, then take the leftovers, add shredded cheese and fill tortillas. I top with salsa (although I will be switching to enchilada sauce now that I read your post!) and more cheese and stick it in the freezer for a freezer meal day.