I found this recipe on Pinterest and as soon as I saw the few but delicious ingredients (does anyone else LOVE butter and cream like I do?), I knew I wanted to try it. But I had no idea how easy it would be! This is totally going to be my go-to meal from now on when I have no idea what to fix. It uses ingredients that are always in my kitchen and takes no time at all. I quickly prepped the chicken during nap-time, stuck it in the fridge, and threw it in the pan 15 minutes before we ate. I cannot tell you how easy it was! And Mark loved it! He is always quite skeptical of my new creations, but he was so excited that he asked if he could finish off the pan. I actually completely followed the directions for once and we ate it over quinoa and it was great! Check out food.com for lots of pictures of this fabulous recipe.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Combine the seasonings and coat chicken breasts.
- In large saute pan melt half of the butter and cook chicken over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Pour the cream into the skillet and lower the heat.
- Simmer for several minutes, stirring until the sauce thickens then add the remaining butter.
- When butter is melted place chicken breasts on four plates and top with the sauce.