Saturday, September 26, 2020

Easy Fried Rice

 I always make this with my potstickers.  Very easy and yummy!  It does work better if you make the rice ahead of time so it isn't hot.  I also like to sauté some diced sweet onions in butter before adding the eggs.  I also use Coconut Aminos instead of soy sauce.  I found the recipe at https://seonkyounglongest.com/easy-egg-fried-rice/

  • Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp cooking oil (I use butter)
  • 4 eggs, beaten with pinch of salt
  • 4 cups cold jasmine rice
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use coconut Aminos)
  • pinch of salt
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • Directions:
  • Heat a wok or a skillet over high heat; add 1 tbsp cooking oil and swirl to coat. Pour beaten eggs into the wok and scramble. 
  • When the eggs are cooked 3/4 way, add remaining 2 tbsp cooking oil and cold jasmine rice. Break down the rice and mix it with eggs. 
  • Add soy sauce around the edge of the wok, so it will burn slightly for the smoky umami flavor. Add salt to your taste and mix everything well. Reduce heat to low if you need to.
  • Turn off the heat, stir in green onions. 

0 comments: