- 2-1/4 cups sprouted spelt flour (cannot be warm from grinding or will melt the coconut oil)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 generous tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar, kefir, kombucha, yogurt, OR whey
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons raw milk, coconut milk, nut milk, OR water
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/3 cup raisins (about a handful)
Thursday, January 19, 2017
This is another great healthy breakfast option! Thanks to gnowlfglins for the recipe
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Then add coconut oil and cut into the mixture with a pastry cutter or fork until coconut oil is the size of peas or smaller.
Add acid of choice, milk, and honey in a measuring cup. Whisk to combine. Add liquids to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Finally, gently work in raisins.
Transfer dough to clean, floured surface. Roll into a rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 2-inch squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
Transfer squares to a coconut-oiled cookie sheet, leaving space between. Put sheet in oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy! You can also turn them into yummy scones!