Nina made these for my girls and they were delicious! Thanks to Delish for a great recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup brown sugar. Beat with hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until evenly combined. Add flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir until just combined.
- Spray 2 regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray. Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop dough into muffin tins, press down with a spoon to create cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cookie cups are golden brown and set. (Don’t worry if the cookie cup centers rise!)
- While the cookies are still warm, make the cups. Spray the bottom of a small shot glass with cooking spray and press the shot glass down into the center of each cookie to create cups. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling racks.
- Meanwhile, melt about 2 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until beginning to brown. Add apples and sauté until beginning to soften. Add the remaining sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon and cornstarch and cook until soft and caramelized.
- Spoon the apple filling into the cups. Drizzle with caramel and serve warm or at room temperature.