Friday, November 7, 2008

Grilled Monte Cristo Sandwiches

I had a fried Monte Cristo sandwich at a restaurant and LOVED it, so I decided to try to make my own healthier version :) I plan to make these to go with our broccoli soup next week.

Ingredients:
Sliced Bread of your choice (and if you happened to have leftover French Toast, that makes it even better :)
Sliced ham
Sliced turkey
Swiss or Monteray Jack cheese
Oil for frying -- Coconut oil makes these sooo sweet and yummy and is good for you too!
Raspberry jam
Optional Confectioners sugar for dusting :)

Directions: Dump several spoonfuls of coconut oil in frying pan, heat on medium heat til melted. Make a simple ham, turkey, and cheese sandwich, spreading raspberry jam on insides of bread if desired (my husband would rather just dip it in the jam afterwards :) Grill sandwich in coconut oil on both sides til golden and crispy. Dust with confectioners sugar if desired. Have jam available for dipping :)

0 comments: