Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hawaiin Turtle Cups

Even though I try really hard to mainly cook healthy food, I do make some exceptions for the holidays :) And I absolutely love to find candy recipes different from what everyone else is bringing to the parties! My husband loves macadamia nuts, so I thought these were a great idea:) I will probably grease the pans with coconut oil, because I think the flavor will mix nicely. I got the recipe from Simple and Delicious magazine.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
18 caramels
2 tsp. heavy whipping cream
12 dried pineapple pieces, chopped

Directions: In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Pour by teaspoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; set aside the remaining melted chips. Sprinkle the center of each muffin cup with nuts. In another micro-safe bowl, melt caramels and cream; stir until smooth. Pour over nuts Reheat reserved chips if necessary; pour over caramel mixture. Top each with pineapple. Chill for 30 min. or until set. Carefully run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen candy.

4 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

those sound yummy!!

Brandie said...

I'm a sucker for anything Hawaiian! Thanks for sharing!

Summer said...

Wow this sounds yummy! I like the hawaiian twist on turtles! I think I may have to try this one :0)
Summer

Already Happy said...

These sound so good.

Your family is beautiful by the way!