Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Can't Leave Alone Bars"

In college, these were my trademark bars that my friends always asked me to make :) If you like rich chocolate, these will hit the spot! No, I didn't come up with the name; I got the recipe out of a Quick Cooking magazine :)

Ingredients:

1 pkg. white cake mix

2 eggs

1/3-cup vegetable oil

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1-cup semisweet chocolate chips

¼ butter/mar, cubed

Directions: Combine dry cake mix, eggs, and oil in bowl, press 2/3 of mixture into (greased) pan. Set other 1/3 of mixture aside for topping. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, chocolate chips, and butter; microwave till melted (probably 1 ½ minutes, stirring ½ way through). Pour choc. mixture over crust. Drop tsp. of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min until lightly browned on top.

This post is part of Kelly's SUYL desserts!

1 comments:

SnoWhite said...

oh... I can see where they get their name! Yummy.