Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Chili

Have you noticed that I am a sucker for anything pumpkin during the fall? :) Its just so healthy and so yummy. I love this variation of chili! I added some soaked kidney beans to it as well because my baby loves beans and they are so good for her! Then it needed a little water so it wouldn't be too thick. I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg because anything pumpkin tastes better with those spices :) I forgot to copy the website I got it from, though, sorry.


Ingredients:

1 lb


ground beef


1 cup


chopped onions


1 cup


chopped green bell peppers


1 clove


garlic, minced


Two 14½oz.


cans diced tomatoes


1 cup


pure pumpkin pureé


1 Tbs


ground chili powder


1 tsp


ground cumin seed


½ tsp


ground black pepper


dash of


salt


½ cup


grated cheddar cheese


½ cup


sour cream



Directions:

1

Brown ground beef in large sauté pan with onion, green pepper and garlic. Spoon off grease.

2

Return to heat and add tomatoes, pumpkin, chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

3

Serve topped with cheese and sour cream.


0 comments: