Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mom's Apple Chicken Bake

My Mom made up this recipe when she ate a similar dish at Cracker Barrel and it was so delicious! Very easy and another one of my favorite "comfort food" meals :)

Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
Sliced apples
Basic White Sauce
Ritz Crackers
Melted Butter
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cooked Bacon (optional)

Directions:Make a white sauce; Layer the sliced chicken in a greased casserole dish, then the white sauce, apple slices, then some cheddar cheese, then Ritz cracker crumbs mixed with melted butter. I like to add some crisp bacon with the cheddar cheese under the Ritz crackers :) Bake at 350 for about 30 min til bubbly and chicken is no longer pink.


This recipe is part of Kelly's Korner SUYL

2 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

this sounds amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ok...last comment for the night and then I'm going to bed. But first I must say this recipe is fantastic! Mike is not a guy who likes fruit anywhere near his meat but this recipe won him over. I could eat this once a week easily. We had it last week and I'm def. considering a repeat for this coming week.

Team B