Sunday, October 5, 2008

Emily's Chicken Tortilla Soup

My sis-in-law makes this regularly during the winter and since Mark loves any meal that allows him to eat tortilla chips, I decided to try it! We toned down the spicyness by getting plain black beans, diced tomatoes with green peppers, and mild rotelle because Emily had warned us her version was pretty spicy. I also added about 2 cups of corn just to add some veggies to it. It was delicious and would be great over rice, quinoa, a baked potato, or just with chips or crackers. It also made a bunch so I am freezing it for later :)

Ingredients:

1 can cream of chic. soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can Mex. style stewed tomatoes
1 can Ranch Style Beans (that's the brand name)
cooked chicken in bite size pieces

Directions: Heat the cream of chicken and chicken broth in saucepan until well blended. Blend both cans of tomatoes in blender til pureed. Place all ingredients in slow cooker or large pot and cook on low heat until hot. Serve topped with Monterey Jack cheese and crumbled tortilla chips.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea so I just realized that the comment I wrote for Leah's Taco Soup was supposed to be for this recipe. Sorry! I'm making this again for my inlaws!!!

Team B.