Thursday, October 16, 2008

Melanie's Delicious Pumpkin Dump Cake

My sis-in-law made this one Thanksgiving and I just couldn't stop eating it! So yummy and super easy, too!

Ingredients:

1 30 oz can pumpkin pie filling

1 ½ cup granulated sugar

3 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. salt

3 large eggs

1 12 oz. Box yellow cake mix

1 cup chopped pecans, if desired

¾ cup melted butter

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 6 ingredients until smooth and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin batter and then cover with the chopped pecans. Drizzle melted butter over the top and then bake for 45-50 minutes. Refrigerate until completely cold and then serve with French Vanilla Cool Whip.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I love dump cakes. I make it with Cherry pie filling, or blueberry pie filling, yellow cake mix and butter. It's SO YUMMY and SO EASY! I can't wait to try it with the pumpkin.