Saturday, October 11, 2008

Volmer Farm Pumpkin Chowder

We visited Volmer Farm and I tried their pumpkin chowder...YUMMY! I asked the girl at the counter if they had a recipe and she started writing it out for me :) We like our chowder chunky, so I added some diced carrots, potatoes, and apples to the mix. This post is part of the Whole Food for the Holidays Progressive Dinner!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Tsp. butter
1 Tsp. flour
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups packed pumpkin
1 Tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup half & half

Directions: She didn't give me any directions, only the ingredients. So this is what I did and I thought it turned out well. I melted my butter in the microwave and mixed in the flour. I poured it into the crockpot with the half and half and broth, stirring til well mixed. Then I added all my chopped veggies, pumpkin puree, sugar, and spices. I cooked it in the crockpot all day long and it was ready for dinner :)

0 comments: