Saturday, October 18, 2008

Layered Spaghetti Casserole

I made up this recipe on Thursday when I decided at the last minute to take dinner to a family who had lost a loved one. I needed something that I had on hand, but that was better than plain old spaghetti. So this is what I came up with. I made one for us, as well, and we loved it!

Ingredients:
1 lb. browned ground beef
cooked noodles: whatever you like best :)
1 can spaghetti sauce
basic white sauce
1/2 cup or more of whatever cheese you have on hand: mozzarella or Monteray Jack works great! I added a bit of cream cheese, too, but it wouldn't be necessary :)
shredded cheese to sprinkle on top

Directions: Make basic white sauce; season to taste with salt, pepper and maybe some minced onions. Add in whatever cheese you are using, stir til melted and mixed with white sauce. Mix with cooked noodles; make sure you have enough for it to be soupy. Pour into a greased baking dish. In another bowl, mix browned ground beef with spaghetti sauce. Pour over creamy noodles. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes til bubbly.
*Depending on what size dish used, you can do several layers or just two.

0 comments: